Sunday 24 June 2007

Sunny Sunday!


It's a sunny and breezy Sunday here, the Humpback whales are passing the headland regularly and putting on the occasional show by leaping skyward, Caba's a ripper place to be, AND where am I? Inside, as I was yesterday, but yesterday was OK because it was bleak. Today is not so OK, BUT I am desperate to finish painting my bathroom and loo before visitors arrive on Tuesday. I'm up to the worst bit, the smelly bit with the treacle-like full-gloss paint, that requires a litre of turps for each clean-up! However, as those of you who are experienced DIYs know, it's the paint that is needed for doors and windows, especially when you are, as I am, attempting to rid the place of that poisonous scourge of 70s interior decorating....mission brown paint!!

Above is the finished bathroom....in blues and greens, to convey a billabong or lagoon.

NOW........you''ll need to get your sunglasses for this one........

Yes, it's the loo....the sunrise/sunset room....I have printed some of my favourite photos from both Lawn Hill NP and the Kimberley, and they will adorn the walls, when the painting's finished.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!Your colour consultant gave you lots of colour choices ...and you loved all of them.It will certainly look great with your photos on the walls and will inspire "great" things to happen in this room!!! Cheers Charmaine

CaBaCuRl said...

Spot-on comment, Champagne!

Sue Seibert said...

Ooooo...I love the colors of the loo!!

TORUĊƒ DAILY PHOTO said...

Lovely! Wish it was sunny here. Rain, rain, rain!!!

Irina said...

I like the brightness of colours. Good luck with painting! :)

And thank you for visiting my blog. The plants you asked me about are daizies and some kind of wild violets.

paintandink said...

Okay, parrots AND whales? You are so lucky.

Sally said...

It's amaziong what a difference a lick of paint and fresh colour perspectives can offer. We are in the THINKING stages of repainting at the moment, and will spend the upcoming school hols doing prelim work (which funnily enough starts with the attic and clearing clutter and getting some of the dust under control, before we can even get to the rooms!)

Yes I still want to do a swap - have just been too deleriously busy to DO anything about it. I have sorted out some cards though!

GMG said...

Warm colours? Keep it cool...
Thanks for your comments at Blogtrotter.

Anonymous said...

That's your artistic side coming out again - no basic beige for you!