Wednesday 11 April 2007

Friends



When I was having lunch with my friend Annie yesterday, we got on to talking about friends and friendship. Annie and I have known each other since 1975, when she and her husband Kevin and their 2 young children moved with their jobs to Narromine, in western NSW. I was teaching at the school there and Annie joined the teaching staff. You know how it is sometimes...you meet someone, and instantly you feel drawn to them, despite maybe, differing ages, backgrounds or whatever.....and you never really ever know why "that person". It really continues to mystify me as to why that happens, and I 've been lucky to have it happen three times in my life, for which I am very very thankful. In those intervening years, Annie and I lost touch a couple of times, but always we seemed to find each other again, and it was always like we hadn't lost touch.
Annie is a very talented quilter ( not that I know anything about quilting, but even I can recognise wonderfully creative work) and has made me this gorgeous wall-hanging for my birthday. Truly, I was gob-smacked when I unwrapped it and held it up,in the cafe.!!Photos and words do it no justice. Thank you, thank you Annie.

2 comments:

Lis said...

that quilt is amazing!
does it have a place of honour yet?

mrsnesbitt said...

Friends are indeed amazing. It is so good to talk things through with them.
Dxx