Thursday 19 April 2007

Sunrise No.2 - Lawn Hill NP



First off, I have to say that neither of these photos are mine, as I didn't own a digital camera in 2001. These photos were taken by a friend, Mal , when we were at Lawn Hill National Park, in far north-west Queensland. Lawn Hill NP is one of the most amazing places I have ever been too....very remote, many varied environments and all of them amazingly beautiful.
The first photo is one of my all-time favourites. Taken right on sunrise, after we'd climbed the Constance Range, my bro-in-law Ian, nephew Tim and I watch the eastern horizon as the sun makes its first appearance. The photo still takes my breathe away. The colours , in reality, were the deepest orange/red.
The second photo, as Mal turned his camera to his left, shows first light hitting part of the Constance Ra. and it conveys the ancientness of the landscape at Lawn Hill.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I've never heard of Lawn Hill NP...one of the delights of the blogging world to see beautiful places you haven't heard of before.

Thanks so much for visiting on my Blog Birthday….your thoughts are much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

This family phot is just stunning Jude, you all seemed to be in awe of your surroundings even the young fella which is so lovely to see.