Sunday 8 April 2007

What happened to Saturday?

What did happen to Saturday? It is Easter, and on the north coast of NSW that means rain. After all, it's Byron Bay Blues Festival time and nothing is a greater predictor of rain than the Byron Festival. So, it was one of those days yesterday....tried to do some jewellery but couldn't get the colours right, tried some ATCs but was devoid of any creativity, couldn't settle to a book, way too windy to go bike-riding, every time it looked OK to go for a walk on the beach, the rain came down again. Oh, I could have done some housework...heaven-only-knows my place is a health hazard at the moment....but that really is The Last Straw....and I wasn't at that point. And my mother told me when I was a child that it was bad manners to go visiting in wet weather! My attempt at beginning to dig out the couch grass that's overtaken my side garden ended when yet another shower of rain drenched me....and call me a Big Girl, but by then I was in need of a hot shower inside...followed by a medicinal glass of soul-warming Bundy rum, lime and dry. BUT, I did make a pot of soup, and by then it was calling me. So, if you do find out what happened to Saturday, please let me know...thanks! No point in asking the 2 pushkas...they slept the whole day!

1 comment:

mrsnesbitt said...

Love the cats! My Ella the same at the moment!

Dxx